Whether you need help planning your school schedule or information about how to apply for college, trade school, or the military, our counselors can point you in the right direction.
Don’t delay! Schedule an appointment with your counselor to make sure you’re on track.
Counseling Services Staff
P: (928) 649-4403
Counselor Gl-O (Interim)
P: (928) 649-4416
Native American Liaison
P: (928) 649-4381
P: (928) 649-4464
P: (928) 649-4404
P: (928) 649-4402
Director of Student Support Services
P: (928) 478-7944
Student Counseling Services
Our counseling department offers a variety of services for the students at Mingus Union High School in the areas of academic, personal-social, and career concerns. (ASCA National Model, 2005)
- Classroom Guidance - Counselors visit classrooms periodically to share important information with students appropriate to each grade level on how to succeed in high school and prepare for life after graduation.
- Personal Counseling - Counselors can discuss student concerns confidentially.
- Referral Service - Counselors can refer students to outside agencies for additional assistance or help. Contact your counselor for a referral that is appropriate to your needs.
- Scheduling - The counselors and registrar assist students in selecting classes. The counselors are informed about college requirements and recommend high school course work for careers.
- Testing - Counselors coordinate registration administration and interpretation of the PSAT (10th grade), ACT (11th and 12th grade), and SAT (11th and 12th grade), as well as a variety of career tests.
- Post Secondary Educational Planning - Counselors offer information regarding applications, scholarships, college visits, and financial aid. Information is also available on all branches of the military.
- Career Counseling - Counselors work with students on career information, job shadows, resume writing, and part-time job listings.
We assign students a counselor according to the first letter of their last name. We encourage parents and students alike to work closely with their counselor regarding any of the services listed above. The better we know you, the more we can help!
Confidentiality Statement: As professional school counselors, we will respect the rights of confidentiality during the course of conversation between ourselves and students, except in the following cases: If the student is in danger to him or herself, if the student is a danger to others, or if the student has been endangered by others. We are bound by Federal and State law to break confidentiality in these situations and will do so to protect our students and to remain legally and ethically true to our profession.