Who We Are
Mingus Union High School District and High School serve students in the towns of Cottonwood, Jerome, Clarkdale, and surrounding communities in the Verde Valley.
Our mission is to provide viable opportunities for all members of the Mingus Union High School learning community, enabling them to contribute, achieve, and succeed in an ever changing, increasingly complex, and culturally diverse society; to serve and work cooperatively within their community; and to become lifelong learners.
Mingus Union High School District is dedicated to unifying home, community, and school. We are committed to promoting critical thinking and technical literacy with a rigorous and targeted curriculum for students. Our graduates will value themselves and their histories, which will shape a rich future for all with competence, curiosity, respect, and optimism.
- A safe, healthy, and comfortable environment promotes students learning.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among students and staff.
- Staff, parents, and the community share the responsibility for the support of the school’s mission.
- High expectations increase individual student performance.
- Students learn best when they have opportunities for success.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Extracurricular activities are an integral part of a student’s academic success at MUHS.
It’s no secret—we’re one of the best! While we might be just a little biased, the proof is in the people. Generations of graduates have positively contributed to our community and our world in countless ways. We are a community united by the Marauders and in ensuring the collective success of students now and in the generations to come.
Growing and Improving
MUHSD encompasses a large geographic area. The tremendous growth in recent years required us to expand our facilities and make physical and technological improvements. Thanks to our supportive community that helped to pass bond funding, we were able to construct a new building, refurbish the gymnasium, complete much needed classroom renovations, build a new library, and upgrade learning environments for our students.
Others Have Noticed
It’s not just us—others have noticed too! In fact, U.S. News and World Report recognized MUHS in the National Rankings and awarded us a bronze medal. MUHS also earned the prestigious Arizona Education Foundation A+ School of Excellence award.