Preparing for graduation is an exciting and intimating time. There is a lot to consider and accomplish over your high school years. Please use this guide to help you insure that you make your current year of high school the best that you can! If you have any questions, please contact the Counseling Office.
- Don't fool yourself into thinking that you can wait to get serious later! Your grades now really do matter!
- If you need help with any of your classes, ask the teacher for help or sign up for tutoring!
- Choose classes that challenge and interest you. If you can handle honors courses, take them! The classes and activities you are most passionate about may help guide early college and career exploration.
- Get involved! Join a club, play a sport, be part of the school play, take dance or karate classes, join your church youth group, or volunteer.
- Build a good reputation! Someday you'll be asking your teachers and coaches to serve as job references and to write letters of recommendation for you. Make sure you give them great things to say about you!